Tuesday, 18 September 2007

Tuesday 18th September

Yesterday I forgot to mention that L's now home. She phoned on Sunday morning to say that the ferry had arrived back in Nagoya and she was at home by late afternoon. I think the ferry journey was tough (33 hrs) but she had prepared herself. Before they boarded, I got a phone call from her asking what English book I recommended she bought. Because it was such a sudden question, I had no idea and the only book that came to mind (that she could easily read AND maybe enjoy) was Bridget Jones' Diary. She bought that one plus another one she found herself so even if she found them boring, at least they would have sent her to sleep!

Two of A's friends from here have been in Tokyo over the weekend so she is totally knackered but needed to go to work this morning. I think she enjoys having the company but is quite happy when they leave again! Her apartment is just to small to have visitors and not get under each others feet. I bet she sleeps like a log tonight!

Talking of sleeping, Ka spent most of the day comatose! She didn't get up until lunch time then was asleep again when I got back from teaching at 9pm. She woke up to eat some chips (that K wanted made) but was back in bed again before I was! She did wake up before 9am this morning though so I think she has recovered from all her early mornings. Just as well since it's back to school for her tomorrow.

It was a great day for me yesterday even though I was teaching when everyone else was on holiday. When I went home at lunch time, the meal was all prepared and then when I got back at night my dinner was served pronto PLUS all the washing had been taken in and (mostly) folded! I wish Setsuo was on holiday a bit more!

No comments: