Thursday, 27 September 2007

Thursday 27th September

I've been feeling lousy for the last couple of days - sore back, feeling sick and general tiredness - but today is a bit of an improvement, probably because I was in bed by 9pm last night. I would have stayed at home this morning but I had a rep from one of the Publishers coming this morning to show me some textbooks. This is the first time they have contacted ME for a visit so I am obviously moving up the ladder in some way. Actually, I've met the guy who came before. Last year after the big teaching expo we all went out for a drink and he and another rep were at the same table. All of us were pretty drunk and he was chatting A up big-time! A had come to help us and he didn't realise I was her mother! Each time I've seen him at the publishing presentations, he has been rather embarassed but this was the first time for us to be one-to-one! He's actually quite a nice guy from Ireland and I got a lot of advice AND sample books plus he'll send some more books and flashcards. I'm really happy about the flashcards because they are soooo expensive, usually about 30-50 pounds a set. It was a nice way to spend an hour!

Nothing much else has been happening and I haven't been to the house although know that the tiling of the entrance will start soon. I've already sent out the letters to students tellng them we will be in there from the beginning of November and that I'll be on holiday for the last 2 weeks in October so 'the move' is now decided.

I also finally made an appointment at the dentist - tomorrow! The dentist has been hounding Setsuo to get me to go and I've put it off for about 2 years now with the result that I have one rotten tooth which I know will need to be taken out. I know I should have gone earlier but my fear of dentists is still as strong as ever. Whenever I sit in the chair, I'm incapable of making even small talk and just going to make the appointment had me quaking. 9 o'clock tomorrow morning, I'll be in a panic!

No comments: