Okay, so I've tried all ways to google anything to do with my name, Osaka Days or blogspot in general and nothing led me to here so I reckon I'm safe!
I've just come back from the new building and thus am covered in sweat - not a great way to start classes, I must remember to sit AWAY from the way the air-conditioner is blowing!. I THINK we have everything covered regarding plans for where cupboards, bookshelves etc are going to go. I must be infuriating the carpenters because I keep changing my mind. It's partly their own fault though because one carpenter in particular is always questioning whatever I say and then I start having doubts about whatever it was I'd thought about. Now it's just a question of whether to have blinds or curtains in the classroom. At the moment there are blinds here so I had thought it would look a bit more classroomy to stay with them but the more I think about it, the more curtains appeal. They would look better from the outside at least - it would look like we 'live' in the 2 upper floors but I'm not sure about the classroom itself. Decisions, decisions!
The whole place is coming on quite well and we can now see the actual rooms even though they only have the framework up for the rooms. I had thought the bathroom was going to be a LOT smaller than what we have now but in actual fact it's not that much different - well it is, but not so much as to gasp at. Now my only big worry is the RED kitchen. I know I'm going to either LOVE/HATE on sight so I just hope it's the former because I can't see me being able to change it for a while Since our house is quite dark, we have decided on mostly light colours for the new one. A much lighter floor, doors and shoebox and then the RED kitchen! We will also go for a lightish wood dining table which is hopefully going to seat 8. I have wanted a long table for years so this is my chance! We will have to buy a new sofa too and although it would be nice to have a light-coloured one, they have proved to be disastrous because of the dogs (for those who don't know, the one we have just now is pale yellow and the dogs are drooling bulldogs). Since we won't be moving in for a while, we have time to look around before we make any decisions.
We won't be moving house for a while but both Setsuo and I will move our offices as soon as the building is finished. I have taken 2 weeks holiday at the end of October mainly because my WHOLE family will be over but also because of the classroom move. By taking those two weeks, it means that I can't have a Halloween party for the kids which is a bit of a shame but can't be helped. It's especially a shame for the Hoikuen (daycare center) kids that I teach. Although it wasn't promised to be an every year event, last year I had the oldest class here for a party in lieu of their English lessons at the hoikuen, and so this years class will miss out. Hopefully the teachers haven't even mentioned it to them.
October is going to be a very busy month with my parents coming over on the 16th and then my younger sister and family arriving on th 20th and then my older sister and family sometime thereabouts (unusually for her, she is dragging her feet about making arrangements, hurry up C!) Since we are all in different parts of the world - parents in Spain, older sister in the UK and younger sister in N Zealand my parents reluctantly gave up on the idea of a party but little do they know, we are all going to be here in Osaka to surprise them! It's going to be so nice but it's also a headache trying to plan things (especially when you don't have dates to work from!) I just hope everyone doesn't expect me to cook for them everyday! 'A' will come from Tokyo and 'L' from her apartment in Sanda so hopefully we'll have a great time.
Well I managed to find plenty to write about today - long may it last!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What do you mean you ain't going to cook for us everyday?
Little sis
XXX
mum said she loved all the surprises and i wish i had a blog as my life in spain would read like a book i have made so many mistakes with the language its a wonder i havent been deported as an undesireable by the way its ailsa.s mum writing this
Post a Comment