Monday, 17 September 2007

Monday 17th September

Today it's a public holiday but guess who has to work. It's the same next week - another holiday, again work. Actually I don't really mind that much apart from the fact that my Thursday night class has changed over to Monday night starting from today so I'll have lessons from 2-8.30pm with only a one hour break at dinner time. Looks like it will be o-bento night from now on. My Tuesday night class has also been split into two groups from tomorrow as well so both Monday and Tuesday are going to be long days although it'll be less work for the rest of the week.

Yesterday we went to Ka's Bunkasai which was really good but VERY hot and humid. The whole school really worked hard to get it together, so hard in fact that Ka said that last week there had been FIVE ambulances taking away girls that had collapsed. You'd think they would have a bit more air-conditioning going on, especially in the gym, but no, there is nothing there. You can just imagine how hot it was with 3 years of junior high, 3 years of senior high plus all the parents and no ACs. At least we only had to sit and watch, the kids had to jump around!

I only got a photo of Ka in one of the outfits that had to be made. It is the one she used when she 'appeared' with the 3rd year members. I say 'appeared' because she was only in it when they did the pyramid type thing - all of maybe 1.5 minutes! I couldn't believe it - 66 pounds for 1.5 minutes (73p per second!). You can see the yellow/green one that she wore for her own group on the girl next to her and at least she spent a bit longer in that one! The red one is their uniform.

I've also uploaded two of K in his baseball uniform - before and after! They had a baseball match yesterday but lost 1-0 but will maybe win today's one.

Ok, photos.....

No comments: