Sunday, 30 September 2007

Sunday 30th September

Well I wasn't in a panic about the dentist on Friday but only because I cancelled! It wasn't just a case of cold feet, I really did feel lousy up until the day before and didn't want to have to phone in and cancel at the last minute. As is always the way, I started to feel better but I now have to go on Thursday 4th instead so panic has just been delayed.

Today was supposed to be the sports day for the 3 local elementary schools but they too were cancelled because of rain. They'll be held on Tuesday but of course that just happens to be the day I have the nursery school classes and since I'm already taking 3 weeks off this month, I'll have to go in. I'll go to the school before and after though and Setsuo said he'll also take time off to go. Since it's K's last sports day at the school it's a bit disappointing but can't be helped. I think Setsuo's sister will also come.

Today I had great intentions of cleaning the house but sat watching DVD's all morning and then dithered and dathered with the result that nothing got done. No doubt it will all be a mad rush to get the place tidy before Mum and Dad arrive but that seems to be the way I work these days. In the afternoon I went to the new building to take photos but because my friend also came along, I only got two. The tiling of the entrance way has started and one post is now finished so I did get a photo of that at least (plus the ceiling bit that Setsuo wanted taken). I'll put it up tomorrow since the cable is in my office. The painters were also in and preparing the walls of the stairways. Once the weather picks up, they will start on the outside of the house and then move indoors. Next week there should be plenty of action with painters, tilers, paperers, men putting in the kitchen and also the air-conditioners. Now we only need to finalise what colour we want the stairway walls, the stairs themselves and also pick out lights/curtains for the 3rd floor. I think we should finally be finished then!

Tomorrow is my worst teaching day - 2pm until 8.30 pm with just over 30 minutes for dinner. I've already made a curry so it just needs to be heated up and if I am rushed, I won't even come home until after the lessons are finished. These days we seem to be eating later and later. Ka is usually not home until after 7.30 (nearer 8pm) most days so rather than have her eat alone, I try to hang off until she is back. It's hard for K though and I feel a bit sorry for him having to wait that long but we only have until January to eat together since Ka will be away to N Zealand and then once HE goes into the high school, it'll be HIM we are waiting for! I can hardly believe there is only just over 3 months until we will be down to one child in the house. From going from a house full of people, it's going to be pretty lonely, especially since I'll be the only female in the house - changed days! Anyway, that's not for a long while yet so no point in thinking too much about it (although since we had to pay for it last week, it's kind of brought it more into focus).

No comments: